President&Chief Executive Officer
Chief Cloud Officer
Head Business Lines
Bucharest Office Manager
Team Leader Physical Layer
Business Development – International Sales, Pentalog Deutschland GmbH
Managing Director Pentalog Deutschland
- Commercial policy
- Design to cost – Productivity
- East-west topic
- European vs. worldwide offshoring
- Innovation and strategy
- IT consulting
- IT development
- IT outsourcing services
- IT resources
- IT services
- Machine to machine
- Offshore company
- Offshore destinations
- Offshore e-Commerce
- offshore eCommerce
- Offshore technology and organisation
- Software publishers
May 2012 M T W T F S S « Apr Jun » 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
TagsAgile Android big data château des hauts CIO Cloud cloud computing e-commerce Embedded embedded systems emerging innovation innovation IT IT budget it company It consulting IT development IT industry it nearshore it offshore IT offshore press review it outsourcing it outsourcing company IT services IT services company IT services company offer IT Strategy M2M Mobile World Congress Mobility Nearshore nearshore outsourcing nearshoring Offshore offshore outsourcing outsourcing R&D reduce costs risk management Scrum social networks software development methodologies start-up startup strategic technology trends
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Following the reaction on the internet generated by my post about the abuse on research tax credit that some IT companies are practicing, we were wondering, here in Pentalog, on the manner in which we could best help French contractors in their R&D activities that are eligible for CIR.
Given that by now we know very well how the mechanism works, that we are endowed with a state-of-the-art technical management and with one of the most acknowledged potential business partner, a commercial offer by Pentalog on the research tax credit is underway.
There are two logical aspects to be considered as an intellectual service provider: the absorption of the research tax credit in Pentalog R&D (which would actually absorb the fiscal risk of the client) and the classical approach as a certified provider.Read more « Guidance offer for research tax credit. Must IT and consulting companies be significantly renewed? »
It’s a new week, it’s a new IT offshore press review!
- Massive Layoffs at HP Make for IT Outsourcing Identity Crisis (May 24, 2012, CIO)
- Panel: Future CIOs Will have Careers Blending Non-Tech Roles with Traditional IT Duties (May 23, 2012, CIO)
- Japan robot lab readies second prototype for work at crippled nuclear reactor (May 25, 2012, Computer world)
- Why utility is the new ROI for IT projects (May 25, 2012, Computer weekly)
- Spinning off IT dept makes biz sense, but carries risk (May 24, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- 10 Skills, die CIOs brauchen (May 27, 2012, Computer woche)
- Vier Tipps für den erfolgreichen Einsatz von Cloud Services (May 25, 2012, IT Business)
The main subject was Facebook IPO trading, so we begin this IT offshore press review with this article:
- Reports: Nasdaq Admits Technical Bugs Affected Facebook IPO Trading (May 20, 2012, CIO)
- Offshore Suppliers: Beware of Hidden Costs (May 21, 2012, CFO News)
- Facebook Buys Mobile E-commerce App Karma (May 18, 2012, CIO)
- CIOs Don’t Need to Be Business Leaders (May 18, 2012, CIO)
- Twitter jumps on Do Not Track bandwagon (May 18, 2012, Computer world)
- Consumerization trend creates IT worries, worker benefits (May 18, 2012, Computer world)
- Refer.ly: recommending products for personal profit (May 16, 2012, IT World)
- Cloud meets hardware: The inevitable merger (May 18, 2012, ZDNet)
- Security Think Tank: Outsource only run-of-the-mill security functions (May 21, 2012, Computer weekly)
- Ohne Sicherheit bleibt die
Have you ever wondered what are the 5 outsourcing trends to watch? Smaller deals, new pricing models, multi-sourcing wranglers, increased focus on security and cloudsourcing. Welcome to the new IT outsourcing press review!
- 5 outsourcing trends to watch (May 10, 2012, IT World)
- Update: Thompson is out as Yahoo CEO (May 13, 2012, Computer World)
- The 24/7 CIO: Are you really open for business? (May 10, 2012, IT World)
- Inflation negates growth in average IT pay (May 8, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- ’10 years’ before Asia’s biz security catches up to US (May 8, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- India to set up tech acquisition fund (May 14, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- Budget, internal resources pivotal in
Pentalog has taken the decision to celebrate its 20 years of existence. All those who took part in Pentastock 2010, celebrating 10 years of Pentalog in Romania and 5 years of Pentalog in the Republic of Moldova, remember this extraordinary and boisterous party preceded by a double concert of Bere Gratis and Iris for us only. This first festival brought together about 250 Pentalogians from the Balkans.
20 years ago, almost to the day, the first Pentalogians, still at the University of Orleans at the time, were feverishly preparing to embark on the adventure of their lives (but, I must admit, we weren’t aware of this back then).
During the seminar in Orleans, we announced all the managers that we have decided to start organizing a new Pentastock festival which willRead more « One (or two) Pentastock festivals in 2013? »
5 tips to attract startup funding; How to rescue your data in the cloud; Facebook IPO will not be derailed; and other subjects in today’s IT offshore press review.
- Crowdsourcing game helps diagnose infectious diseases (May 5, 2012, Computer World)
- Facebook IPO won’t be derailed, analysts say (May 4, 2012, Computer World)
- Java creator: Fears over consequences of possible Oracle trial win may be overblown (May 2, 2012, Computer World)
- Why great companies die – repeatedly – and is Microsoft next? (May 2, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Forrester: Innovation In Outsourcing Relationships (May 7, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Emerging markets: The future home of IT spend? (May 5, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Hostage Crisis in the Cloud: Can You Rescue Your Data? (May 6, 2012, CIO)
- Outsourcing Contracts and Negotiations
One of the best specialists offering tax assistance to companies told me not very long ago that many French IT companies were not skimping on using the research tax credit, often advised to do so by supposedly specialized cabinets, which are in fact second-rate ones. Consequently, in 2008, 2009 and 2011, which were years of deep crisis, this consultancy received a very high number of requests to actually convert the bench time in research tax credit. Of course, the company rejected them when they turned out not to be genuine research initiatives. This precious resource for many companies must not be prejudiced through such technicalities!
And there is even worse. A number of clients not using their research tax credit for the projects they outsource are not aware thatRead more « Are French IT companies prejudicing the research tax credit and their customers? »
Join Pentalog at Solutions Linux Open Source from 19th to 21st of June at the CNIT in Paris La Défense
The Linux Open Source trade show will take place from 19th to 21st of June at the CNIT in Paris La Défense. This 14th edition of the European trade show dedicated to Linux and Open Source will offer its visitors several novelties among which the creation of an Open Source Court, a recruitment space and the Ping-Win Awards. But it is also, above all, an information and exchange space for discovering new releases in the free software world with professionals and communities contributors.
As a European player very committed to setting up Open Source solutions for its clients, Pentalog will participate for the first time in this trade show as exhibitor. Sophie Lelarge, Mickael Hiver, Cornel Fatulescu and myself look forward to welcoming you at our stand, D2,Read more « Join Pentalog at Solutions Linux Open Source from 19th to 21st of June at the CNIT in Paris La Défense »