President&Chief Executive Officer
Chief Cloud Officer
Head Business Lines
Bucharest Office Manager
Team Leader Physical Layer
Business Development – International Sales, Pentalog Deutschland GmbH
Managing Director Pentalog Deutschland
- Commercial policy
- Design to cost – Productivity
- East-west topic
- European vs. worldwide offshoring
- Innovation and strategy
- IT consulting
- IT development
- IT outsourcing services
- IT resources
- IT services
- Machine to machine
- Offshore company
- Offshore destinations
- Offshore e-Commerce
- offshore eCommerce
- Offshore technology and organisation
- Software publishers
- Pentalog international April 18, 2014Pentalog enjoying booming overseas business […]
- Pentalog Canada February 18, 2014Pentalog group setting up in Canada […]
- ISO: we maintain our certification but with 2 observations November 22, 2013ISO: we maintain our certification but with 2 observations […]
- Pentalog international April 18, 2014
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
TagsAgile Android big data château des hauts CIO Cloud cloud computing e-commerce Embedded embedded systems emerging innovation innovation IT IT budget it company It consulting IT development IT industry it nearshore it offshore IT offshore press review it outsourcing it outsourcing blog it outsourcing company IT services IT services company IT services company offer IT Strategy M2M Mobile World Congress Mobility Nearshore nearshore outsourcing nearshoring Offshore offshore outsourcing outsourcing R&D reduce costs risk management Scrum social networks software development methodologies start-up strategic technology trends
Category Archives: Mobility
Before going on or returning from a vacation, and before the fall settles in, why not take some time to reflect on the best innovation, cost reduction and productivity gains solutions for your company?
Pentalog’s business consultants are bravely sacrificing themselves for their clients and prospects . To remain 100% available during this period that may favor interesting and productive exchanges, they will take no summer vacations! This means that they will work at full speed, the same as in the rest of the year.
Below are some of the topics they are proposing to you:
- Software development and Agile methodologies: solving field-related evolutive problems, implementing functional requirements, visibility on project follow-up, maintaining productivity or long and complex projects.
- Cloud infrastructure: architecture consulting, private cloud management, outsourcing services.
- BigDataRead more « The Pentalog business team is always there for you! »
As I pointed out in my previous article, the need to be actively present on the mobile market is more than obvious. In the United States, Android continues to make progress with 51.7% on the American smartphone sales market (according to Kantar Wordpanel Comtech) compared to 41.4% registered by iOS and 5.6% by Windows. This difference is even more striking at European level with 70.4% of Android smartphones (also according to Kantar Wordpanel ComTech).
In 2013, Android runs on 867 million devices across all platforms (Smartphones and tablets), and it is expected to reach 1 billion in 2014. Given such figures, it becomes almost mandatory to create or port your application to Android.
These devices are created under many different models. They vary in display size, processing power, communication capabilitiesRead more « Developing for Android requires more testing than for iOS! »
This question comes up very often in the discussions with our prospects and clients: why develop an iOS App?
Simply put, because the need to be actively present on the mobile market (smartphones and tablets) is more than obvious: in 2014, the number of mobile users will exceed the number of stationary Internet users.
On the one hand, we are faced to the increasing popularity of the Android OS on the smartphones and tablets market. On the other hand, communication networks are constantly being improved and practically enable permanent Internet connection (with a varying connection quality). In this context, users tend to privilege mobile sites over native Apps, so this is a fair question to ask.
Developing a native iOS App is less expensive than developing an Android App (from 10 toRead more « Why develop an iOS App? »
Pentalog will attend the Internet & Mobile World trade show (booth No. 34) between Wednesday, September 19 and Friday, September 21 in Bucharest, Romania. It is the first event on this topic in Romania. I’ll attend the trade show together with Cornel, the Pentalog Institute director (consultancy and audit), Radu, one of our Mobile experts, and Cristian, one of our IT project managers in Romania.
We are going to take part in this trade show to present the projects that our 620 Romanian IT engineers and our 120 IT engineers from the Republic of Moldova have carried out in various fields of activity such as eCommerce, mCommerce, real estate management, machine to machine (M2M), presales, crisis management and many others.
We would like to invite you to watch ourRead more « Internet & Mobile World Expo in Bucharest 19-21/09/2012 »
A lot of fun and interesting subjects in this IT offshore press review. Enjoy!
- Mobile World Congress 2012 roundup: All you need to know from Barcelona (March 2, 2012, Computer world)
- Facebook woos businesses with redesigned business pages, Timeline (February 29, 2012, Computer world)
- Science-and-engineering workforce has stalled in U.S., report says (March 2, 2012, Computer world)
- RSA 2012: IT security experts urge enterprises to ban smartphone BYOD schemes (March 2, 2012, Computer weekly)
- Europe plans high-performance ‘science cloud’ (March 2, 2012, ZDNet)
- Zynga’s play platform a big test for its cloud computing prowess (March 2, 2012, ZDNet)
- How Cloud Computing Is Forcing IT Evolution (February 29, 2012, CIO)
- IT Outsourcing Buyers Still Don’t Care About Sustainability (March 2, 2012, CIO)
- How the Cloud Cuts VC
While looking around the MWC (MobileWorld Congress) trade show, I got the impression that the French and Israeli pavilions were the largest. This first impression was confirmed by the figures shown in the chart below. There are 163 companies in the French pavilion and 58 in the Israeli pavilion. Well done Romania, which is the only “Eastern” country with a pavilion together with 9 other companies, Pentalog being one of them!Read more « French pavilion in the lead at MWC »