President&Chief Executive Officer
Chief Cloud Officer
Head Business Lines
Bucharest Office Manager
Team Leader Physical Layer
Business Development – International Sales, Pentalog Deutschland GmbH
Managing Director Pentalog Deutschland
- Commercial policy
- Design to cost – Productivity
- East-west topic
- European vs. worldwide offshoring
- Innovation and strategy
- IT consulting
- IT development
- IT outsourcing services
- IT resources
- IT services
- Machine to machine
- Offshore company
- Offshore destinations
- Offshore e-Commerce
- offshore eCommerce
- Offshore technology and organisation
- Software publishers
- Pentalog international April 18, 2014Pentalog enjoying booming overseas business […]
- Pentalog Canada February 18, 2014Pentalog group setting up in Canada […]
- ISO: we maintain our certification but with 2 observations November 22, 2013ISO: we maintain our certification but with 2 observations […]
- Pentalog international April 18, 2014
July 2014 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
TagsAgile Android big data château des hauts CIO Cloud cloud computing e-commerce Embedded embedded systems emerging innovation innovation IT IT budget it company It consulting IT development IT industry it nearshore it offshore IT offshore press review it outsourcing it outsourcing blog it outsourcing company IT services IT services company IT services company offer IT Strategy M2M Mobile World Congress Mobility Nearshore nearshore outsourcing nearshoring Offshore offshore outsourcing outsourcing R&D reduce costs risk management Scrum social networks software development methodologies start-up strategic technology trends
Category Archives: Offshore e-Commerce
How to make sure your site is compliant with the legislation in force
As promised in the previous article on the new Consumer Rights Directive, this time I will go into more legal details that all e-traders need to take into account in order to become legally compliant.
Reconsider your Terms & Conditions, legal mentions and licenses
The innovations brought by this new Directive automatically entail an update of your General Terms & Conditions of Sale, particularly the provisions on the transportation of the goods delivered to the client, as well as the withdrawal and refunding deadlines.
This is the perfect occasion for you to make sure whether the use of the eCommerce platform products (CMS platform, AddOns, additional tools) complies with the purchased license. With SaaS products, it’s highly unlikely to be outside theRead more « Is your eCommerce site legally compliant? (2/2) »
E-traders, get ready for some new legal changes that may affect your business!
June 13, 2014 saw the adoption of the Consumer Rights Directive, a new EU legislation aiming to enhance consumer protection for online payments and purchases. Considering Pentalog’s positioning with regard to e-traders, it seemed quite interesting to focus on these provisions, as they have a great impact on eCommerce sites which, if not updated yet, have become non-compliant with the law.
But how might this legislation affect your business? Here are the main aspects that need to be brought in line before and after confirming the order (also called contract):
Before confirming the order
1. No more hidden charges and costs on the Internet
Before confirming the order by means of a very explicit button such as “Order with obligationRead more « Is your eCommerce site legally compliant? »
I think it’s high time we had a brief transparent 2013 overview in a plain language.
The consultancy and outsourcing services in digital strategy
As anticipated, 2013 has been a very difficult year. I will no longer insist on the issues we have already debated in January and February. Two weak points would be the activity of the Pentalog-Ausy joint venture – whose sales department is not managed by us and whose most important contract registered a 75% loss (although we had equally signed a contract with the global semiconductor sales leader) – and the one of Pentalog Germany, which registered a less predictable slowdown.
Nevertheless, these two counter-performances have been magnificently absorbed by the French and US markets. The former alone has brought us a 20% growth increase during a gloomy year andRead more « 2013 Year in review »
Prompted by Pentalog, Romania discreetly continues to set the basis of its e-commerce expertise. We have probably initiated some of the first nearshore projects generating several million in annual sales.
It must be acknowledged that the bar has been constantly raised for Prestashop and Magento. Ever since we have started to use Magento as choice platform for our offers, we have recruited several specialists who enable us, after training, to state that we have about fifteen experts. We have identified several hundred on the market. At present, we are going to try to enter the Drupal Commerce market after a very promising meeting with Commerce Guys, a French-American software publisher.
By adding the Php resources from major cities, the country holds a leading position in one of the only double-digit growth sectors in theRead more « Nearshore Magento and Prestashop e-commerce development: Romania rocks! »
We are all familiar with the charming, old-fashioned notions store whose ribbons and thread reels, guarded by a bored, fat cat , are as faded-out as the shop window, as if the old lady had never cleared her stock since she first opened the shop.
Let’s say that this old lady has initially invested €1000 in her stock of products while another entrepreneur would have placed the same amount in the www.mercerie.com stock, promising his clients to find all the colors and qualities and serve them wherever they are in the world.
It is very likely that the digital trade turns inventory much faster, recovering its capital outlay and a small margin. Knowing the most connected wholesalers in the world, she will also rebuild its stock much faster than her sister from the old
From September 18 to 20, 2012, Pentalog will attend the eCommerce Paris 2012 trade show as an exhibitor. eCommerce Paris is a trade show dedicated to eCommerce, mCommerce and Cloud Commerce that allows visitors to go through key issues related to competitive eCommerce.
With over 100 engineers working daily on eCommerce solutions for its clients, Pentalog obviously plays an important part in this event. I would like to invite you to explore all our nearshore and offshore services together at our booth S19, pavilion 7, Paris, Versailles gate. Along with Sophie Lelarge, Pentalog Group’s Sales Director and our Project Managers specialized in eCommerce solutions, I will be happy to present you our services and success stories of which I would like to mention Meetic, Sensee.com, the leader of on-line travelRead more « Pentalog at eCommerce 2012 Trade Show »
E-commerce, Magento, Drupal, PHP, Dotnet: After signing 5 major contracts in 2012, our revenue is set to exceed 1.5 billion euro on the platforms we develop or co-develop together with our clients.
With more than 100 engineers mobilized by Pentalog for the best players on the e-commerce and web markets in France and Germany, plus the best software and the best platforms, no effort has been spared for two years. It is our vision to create THE growth solution preferred by the European growth players. We are on the verge of winning this bet in a sector foolishly neglected by IT giants.
It is no little thing to be there, when the number of developers in PHP and related technologies in France covers only 40% of the market demand. About a year ago, in a conversation with Marc Simoncini, a well-known web tycoon in France (Ifrance, Meetic, Sensee, Winamax etc.), at he time of the launch of the Internet trade school, we could conclude that whenRead more « E-commerce, Magento, Drupal, PHP, Dotnet: After signing 5 major contracts in 2012, our revenue is set to exceed 1.5 billion euro on the platforms we develop or co-develop together with our clients. »
Have you ever wondered what are the 5 outsourcing trends to watch? Smaller deals, new pricing models, multi-sourcing wranglers, increased focus on security and cloudsourcing. Welcome to the new IT outsourcing press review!
- 5 outsourcing trends to watch (May 10, 2012, IT World)
- Update: Thompson is out as Yahoo CEO (May 13, 2012, Computer World)
- The 24/7 CIO: Are you really open for business? (May 10, 2012, IT World)
- Inflation negates growth in average IT pay (May 8, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- ’10 years’ before Asia’s biz security catches up to US (May 8, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- India to set up tech acquisition fund (May 14, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- Budget, internal resources pivotal in
5 tips to attract startup funding; How to rescue your data in the cloud; Facebook IPO will not be derailed; and other subjects in today’s IT offshore press review.
- Crowdsourcing game helps diagnose infectious diseases (May 5, 2012, Computer World)
- Facebook IPO won’t be derailed, analysts say (May 4, 2012, Computer World)
- Java creator: Fears over consequences of possible Oracle trial win may be overblown (May 2, 2012, Computer World)
- Why great companies die – repeatedly – and is Microsoft next? (May 2, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Forrester: Innovation In Outsourcing Relationships (May 7, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Emerging markets: The future home of IT spend? (May 5, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Hostage Crisis in the Cloud: Can You Rescue Your Data? (May 6, 2012, CIO)
- Outsourcing Contracts and Negotiations
Pentalog has reasons to be happy. Our clients place our offer higher and higher in fields like e-commerce, telecom industry, soft R&D or consulting in Information System.
Now including a consulting department that is quickly joining the league of the sector leaders, Pentalog‘s overall offer of industrialized software production (mastering costs, quality and deadlines) draws more and more clients willing to use only one player, able to fully engage its responsibility. Overall means that thanks to the joined forces of Pentalog Institute (consulting and technology) and its historical nearshore and offshore capacities, we are now able to intervene on ergonomics, technical architecture, implementation of software factory and as far as production of course, in the best quality and price conditions. This complete cycle for performing software or web operations is integrated byRead more « S-commerce : Pentalog Israel sells a Social Commerce platform to a world leader in design »
Welcome to the IT offshore press review.
- IT Outsourcing System Is Broken, How Can Service Providers Fix It? (March 29, 2012, CIO)
- 5 Business Analytics Tech Trends and How to Exploit Them March 23, CIO)
- 10 Best U.S. Cities for IT Jobs with Tech Startups (March 27, 2012, CIO)
- India’s IT Firms Hire U.S. Workers As They Fight for Visas (March 27, 2012, CIO)
- Life after IT: When CIOs leave at the top of their game (April 29, 2012, ComputerWorld)
- IT jobs will grow 22% through 2020, says U.S. (March 29, 2012, ComputerWorld)
- Gartner’s five cloud computing trends to watch (April 02, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Forums complement APAC customer service (March 30, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- Social analytics for recruitment inaccurate, breaches privacy (March 30, 2012,
Welcome to the IT offshore press review. Is it time to quit Facebook?
- Time to quit Facebook; it doesn’t Like you any more (March 23, 2012, IT World)
- Why IT Professionals Aren’t Monogamous (March 24, 2012, Techcrunch)
- Department for Work and Pensions outsources IT for universal credit welfare to India (March 26, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- What businesses should learn from Web 2.0 (March 23, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- Google awarded patent for weather-based ads (March 23, 2012, Computer Weekly)
- DIY culture: should non-IT employees be compensated for building apps? (March 22, 2012, ZDNet)
- Companies reach out to APAC audience with virtual events (March 26, 2012, ZDNet Asia)
- CIOs fear business leaders see cloud as way to circumvent IT (March 23, 2012, Computing)
- Budget 2012: Reaction from